Trialling Distances: 309m, 390m, 450m, 545m & 660m
As of the 1st August 2020 all trials conducted on Victoria Greyhound Racing Tracks are FREE.
Trainers are advised of the need to continue to ensure you book the correct number of trials required AND use the number of trials you have booked to avoid action being taken.
If you are unable to attend your trial it is essential you call the Club, either speaking to staff member or leaving a voice message. You can also email email@example.com
The BGRC has and will continue to provide as many opportunities as possible to trainers to be able to trial and appreciate the co-operation of trainers when booking and attending trials.
BGRC TRIAL TIMES
Monday Evening – (PEN): Following the race meeting. Capacity of 30 (including Satisfactory Trials). Call the Office at 9AM to book.
- - All distances starting from the 660m & working back
- - Trials WILL NOT be taken after Race 10 on that day
Tuesday – (ARM): 8:30AM to 1:00PM. Bookings open Friday at 9AM. Book on FastTrack.
Wednesday Night – No Trials ‘After the Last’
Thursday – (ARM): 9:00AM to 1:30PM. Bookings open Monday at 9AM. Book on FastTrack.
Saturday Morning – (ARM): 8:30am to 1:30am – Bookings open Wednesday at 9AM. Book on FastTrack. (PEN): Following the race meeting. Capacity of 30 (including Satisfactory Trials). Call the Office at 8AM to book.
- No person is allowed to enter the Lure exclusion Zone (The lower half of the track) while the lure is running faster than walking pace.
- All persons on the track while the lure system is running is to wear high visibility clothing.
- We appreciate that from time to time, you may need to cancel your trial on the day. Without a voice message advising of the cancellation, The Club will may seek payment and invoice for the payment of the full trial amount.
- Trainer must wear high vis clothing (vest, jacket or jumper)
- Trainer must box their own dog
- If a pen trial, the trainer must arrange a catcher
- Trainer must supply own Lure
- Must be safe to use by greyhounds and people, including but not limited to, having no sharp edges or any features that could cause injury to a greyhound
- Must be constructed of synthetic or artificial materials only and contain no animal materials
BGRC HOT WEATHER POLICY
In the interests of animal welfare the Ballarat Greyhound Racing Club Inc. has implemented the following policy which will apply to all of the Club’s trial sessions. Please note this will be taking effect from Monday 4 January 2016.
Should the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) be predicting a temperature of 36 degrees or above on a scheduled trial day, the trial session will be restricted to the morning session only until(12pm). The determination will be made on the BOM 7 day forecast, and the session will only be advertised accordingly to the forecast. If the BOM forecast’s temperatures on 38 and above the trial sessions will be further reduced until 10am.
Note the BGRC has the discretion to cancel or alter trials sessions conducted on days of extreme heat prior to or on the day.
After race trial sessions.
Should a Ballarat day race meeting be rescheduled by GRV to a morning meeting as a result of the predicted temperatures under GRV’s Hot Weather Policy then there will be NO trials conducted after the race meeting on the day.
The BGRC reserves the right to cancel after race meeting trials when circumstances warrant. Any decision to cancel after race meeting trials will be done so no later than 9:00am on the day of the meeting.
The above policy will apply to both day and night sessions run by the Club.
If you are in doubt as to whether a trial session will be conducted please call the Ballarat Greyhound Racing Club on ph: 5335 7201.