Trialing Distances: 309m, 390m, 450m, 545m & 660m
Bookings for Tuesday & Thursday Trials are to be made online & via telephoning the club (*Note- only next available trial time will be offered when phoning the club*) Please note phone bookings are only available between the hours of 9:00am to 4:00pm daily, M-F.
Please note the Ballarat Greyhound Racing Track will commence running FOL trials from 1.15pm to 2.45pm on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons until further notice. Barking muzzles must be worn when trialling on the FOL. When we are not running specific trials accommodating the FOL we revert back to the below listed trialling days and times.
After race meeting trials:
4 Dog half fields trials into the pen following the race meeting -(390m, 450m, 545m & 660m ONLY)
- $5 per dog for half field trials.
- Race day trials will be ONLY taken over the phone as per normal.
ARM TRIALS ONLY – 8.30am – 2.40pm
- Booked online & via telephoning the club (*Note- only next available trial time will be offered when phoning the club*) Fasttrack advertising commences every Friday morning from 9:00am for Tuesday trials.
ARM TRIALS ONLY – 8:30am- 2.40pm
- Booked online & via telephoning the club (*Note- only next available trial time will be offered when phoning the club*) Fasttrack advertising commences every Monday morning from 9:00am for Thursday trials.
HALF FIELD PEN TRIALS 8am – 8:45am.
- Pen trials to be booked prior to 8am on the day.
ARM TRIALS 9am – 11:30am
- Arm trials booked online & via telephoning the club (*Note- only next available trial time will be offered when phoning the club*) Fasttrack advertising commences every Wednesday morning from 9:00am for
Scheduled QUALIE days:
Trials will be conducted after the last qualie heat. They will consist of half field pen trials only, all distances.
- $5 per dog for a half field.
- Turn up on the day prior to qualies finishing to book. (Qualies generally completed by 10.15am 10.30am the latest.)
BGRC HOT WEATHER POLICY
In the interests of animal welfare the Ballarat Greyhound Racing Club Inc. has implemented the following policy which will apply to all of the Club’s trial sessions. Please note this will be taking effect from Monday 4 January 2016.
Should the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) be predicting a temperature of 36 degrees or above on a scheduled trial day, the trial session will be restricted to the morning session only. The determination will be made on the BOM 7 day forecast, and the session will only be advertised accordingly to the forecast. Example a Tuesday trial session commences adverting on Friday, if on the Friday morning the BOM states Ballarat’s temperature will be 37 degrees, the BGRC will only advertise a morning trial session, a Thursday session advertises on a Monday, if BOM states 37 degrees or above for Thursday, then Thursday will only be advertised as a morning trial session.
Note the BGRC has the discretion to cancel or alter trials sessions conducted on days of extreme heat prior to or on the day.
After race trial sessions.
Should a Ballarat day race meeting be rescheduled by GRV to a morning meeting as a result of the predicted temperatures under GRV’s Hot Weather Policy then there will be no trials conducted after the race meeting on the day.
The BGRC reserves the right to cancel after race meeting trials when circumstances warrant. Any decision to cancel after race meeting trials will be done so no later than 9:00am on the day of the meeting.
The above policy will apply to both day and night sessions run by the Club.
If you are in doubt as to whether a trial session will be conducted please call the Ballarat Greyhound Racing Club on ph: 5335 7201.