Full Time with flexible hours.
The Ballarat Greyhound Racing Club is a very successful and highly patronaged venue that is one of highest raced and trialled venues in the Victorian greyhound racing industry. The Ballarat venue is centrally located and races a minimum of twice a week, with trials 4 days per week.
We are seeking a passionate and professional person to fill the role of Track Curator. This is a hands-on role, and ideally suits an individual who possesses a proven track record in a similar role relative to either an allied racing sector or from within the recreational surface industry. Greyhound track experience is highly desirable. An understanding of the specific operations of greyhound racing and track preparations, understanding and implementation of various monitoring and diagnostic tools and procedures, adherence to OHS standards, as well as having a strong knowledge of facility maintenance is also highly desirable.
The role is full time minimum 38-hour week and will require attendance at race days including some weekend work. Maintaining the race and trial tracks to the highest industry safety standards with the welfare of greyhounds as your first priority. You will be under the direction of the Track & Facility Manager to ensure a safe and consistent environment for all greyhounds irrespective of whether for trials or racing.
- ‘Hands on’ general management of grounds, track, infrastructure and office area including mowing, track preparation and repairs and garden maintenance
- Assist with the supervision of the pool of casual staff for the successful delivery of racing and trial days
- Implement the maintenance strategies for the venue and facilities
- Ensure work is delivered on time and within OH&S and club standards
- To work as a team member
- Sourcing and assisting of external services and supplies
- Monthly OH&S Reporting, Weekly Track Reporting and Race Day Track readings.
- A proven history of successfully preparing and maintaining greyhound racing tracks would be a distinct advantage.
- Willingness to learn to develop and implement preventative maintenance strategies to bring about a proactive and preventative maintenance culture
- Experience in communicating with staff, management, contractors & external stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written with excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in working with different sand surfaces.
If you have a background in maintenance, grounds keeping or similar industry, coupled with a passion for the racing industry, we would like to hear from you. Previous experience in greyhound track maintenance is considered an advantage.
To apply for this position send your cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a copy of your resume to email@example.com by close of business COB Thursday 24th December 2020.
Interviews will take place early in January 2021 with the successful applicant to start in February 2021.
The successful will be offered an attractive all-inclusive Employment Contract with the BGRC based on skills and experience.
For any further information please call BGRC General Manager Rod Ward on 0400 611 310.