The Ballarat Greyhound Racing Club is a very successful and highly patronaged venue that is one of highest raced and trialled venue in the Victorian greyhound racing industry. The Ballarat venue is centrally located and races a minimum of twice a week, with trials 4 days per week.
We are seeking a passionate and professional person to fill the role of Track & Facilities Manager. This is a hands-on role, and ideally suits an individual who possesses a proven track record in a similar role relative to either an allied racing sector or from within the recreational surface industry. Greyhound track experience is not essential. An ability and willingness to develop learning skills across the specific operations of greyhound racing and track preparations, understanding and implementation of various monitoring and diagnostic tools and procedures, adherence to OHS standards, as well as having a strong knowledge of facility maintenance is essential.
The role is full time minimum 38-hour week and will require attendance at race days including some weekend work. You will be responsible for total oversight and management of existing full time & casual track staff and infrastructure together with ensuring a safe and consistent environment for all greyhounds irrespective of whether for trials or racing, reporting to the Club General Manager.
- ‘Hands on’ general management of grounds, track, infrastructure and office area including mowing, track preparation and repairs and garden maintenance
- Manage the pool of casual staff for the successful delivery of racing and trial days
- Implement the maintenance strategies for the venue and facilities
- Ensure work is delivered on time and within OH&S and club standards
- To work as a team member
- Sourcing and assisting of external services and supplies
- Monthly OH&S Reporting, Weekly Track Reporting and Race Day Track readings.
- Willingness to learn to develop and implement preventative maintenance strategies to bring about a proactive and preventative maintenance culture
- Experience in communicating with staff, management, contractors & external stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn about planning, organising and coordinating projects
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing deadlines
- Some knowledge in working with different sand surfaces.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: BGRC Track & Facility Manager Advert August 2020
If you have a background in maintenance, grounds keeping or similar industry, coupled with a passion for the racing industry, we would like to hear from you. Previous experience in greyhound track maintenance is not essential but is considered an advantage.
To apply for this position send your cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business COB Friday 4th September 2020.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 14th September 2020 with the successful applicant to start in the October 2020.
The successful will be offered an attractive all-inclusive Employment Contract with the BGRC, based on skills and experience.
For any further information please call BGRC General Manager Rod Ward on 0400 611 310.